The use of ceramic fiber products or ceramic wool for insulation purposes has become very popular nowadays. Almost all companies today demand these products because they are mainly used to control heat. Ceramic fiber products widely used by various businesses that involve operations and manufacturing processes that generate or use high temperatures. These materials are used in various applications and they come in different types. To give you an idea about ceramic wool, you can refer to the guide below.
What is Ceramic Fiber or Ceramic Wool?
Ceramic wool or fiber is known as a “refractory material”, a particular substance that has a heat-resistant property. It primarily consists of aluminum silicate, which includes fiber made from various polycrystalline fibers and molten glass. As an excellent material for insulation, ceramic fiber comes in several different types and can be used for numerous applications.
Here are some major types of forms of ceramic fiber and their common uses
- Blanket - Ceramic fiber blanket is perfect for situations with direct exposure to flames. With regards to manufacturing operations, this form is commonly used in the power, metallurgy and petrochemical industries.
- Cloth - When in the form of cloth, ceramic wool is commonly used in architecture. They are used in fire doors, furnace insulation, special heat resistant containers and for heating pipes.
- Rope - As a rope, ceramic fiber is used for support or to attach various heat resistant structures. They can be used as winding for high-temperature pipes, expansion joints as well as heated steel junctions.
- Paper - Ceramic wool in paper form is ideal for various insulation purposes. It is widely used as gaskets to hold or keep out high temperatures. It can also be used as packing materials for reducing friction.
- Additive - On the form of an additive, ceramic fiber is perfect for various architectural structures. They can be used for roofing, walls to surround different heating equipment and other structures that need to be heat resistant.
Ceramic fiber is a very useful and versatile substance used for containing or controlling high temperatures. A highly effective material that makes a lot of things possible for different manufacturing companies.